Website Shoprite Group
Purpose of the Job
The purpose of the Data Administrator role is to provide operational and administrative support to the Data Management function through the execution of data inputting on various systems with the aim of providing business units with accurate information that facilitates decision-making. The role forms part of a centralized administrative function, executing routine and established business processes while adhering to a clearly defined set of standards and procedures to ensure that a uniform and consistent data approach is established and maintained across the organisation. The role reports to the Data Administration Team Lead and interacts with the Senior Data Administrator as well as various
stakeholders, ensuring a customer-centric approach and commitment to service level standards are maintained.
- Collect, process, and input data into the appropriate systems and databases, ensuring data accuracy and integrity.
- Process basic queries submitted via the department’s business request system within required standards and timeframes.
- Ensure all prioritised business requests are processed and dealt with efficiently.
- Interact with business units to understand and execute their specific process level data requirements.
- Perform pre and post data checks to ensure business, data and system rule compliance.
- Proactively escalate concerns regarding quality and data processing issues, following the team’s escalation process and ensuring the necessary mitigations and risk assurance methods are followed.
- Deal appropriately with internal and external customers and collaborate with the Senior Data Administrator and assigned user stakeholders in satisfying request requirements.
- Ensure business users and stakeholders are kept informed on the status of projects or requests through frequent updates and communication.
- Assess and provide feedback on the effectiveness of implemented solutions.
- Maintain a high-efficiency level by performing tasks per the department’s service level agreement.
- Respond to business requests to ensure business needs are effectively and efficiently addressed.
- Build and maintain relationships with business users by delivering what was promised and providing appropriate administrative knowledge and support.
- Matric/ Grade 12
- 1 years experience in a data administration or equivalent role, with exposure to database systems,
working with datasets and complying with data administrative frameworks, policies, procedures and
Knowledge and Skills
- Basic proficiency in MS Office.
- An understanding of data administrative practices within the FMCG or retail sector – (beneficial).
- Exposure to one or more of the below systems and processes – (beneficial).
o Customer requirements analysis
o Incident management system(s)
Applicant Feedback Policy
Shoprite endeavours to provide feedback to all candidates whenever possible. However, if you do not hear from one of our Recruiters within 30 days, please accept that your application was unsuccessful
To apply for this job please visit shoprite.erecruit.co.