ACADEMIC SUPPORT SPECIALIST -Grade 7-12
- Must have experience in teaching or supporting English and Mathematics in the Senior and FET Phase.
- Confidence and competence in FET Maths is sought in the current position
- A qualification and experience in the field of learning support with adolescents.
- Experience in devising and the implementation of learning support programmes to meet the needs of individual students.
- Training and experience with implementation of accommodations.
- Knowledge and experience within barriers to learning such as Dyslexia, Dyscalculia, ADHD, ASD, cognitive impairments etc.
- Training within RTI would be beneficial.
- SACE registration.
- Commitment to the ethos and mission of the school.
- Flexibility and collaboration in working within a school and with subject teachers.
Closing date for applications: 25 November 2022
The school reserves the right not to fill this post. Application does not automatically entitle the applicant to an interview. Only short-listed applicants will be contacted – failure to meet the minimum requirements of the advertised post will result in disqualification from consideration.
Cedarwood School, in line with POPIA (Protection of Personal Information Act) will attempt to ensure the confidentiality of all applicants for this role. All reasonable measures will be in place to protect personal information but will be used in the recruitment, selection, and reporting process. By submitting your application for this position, you are recognising and accepting this disclaimer.
To apply for this job please visit www.isasa.org.