Website Iress Limited
Who we are
At IRESS, we believe technology should help people perform better every day. Since our beginning in 1993, people across financial services have trusted us to take their performance to the next level. From the world’s most established financial brands to new and disruptive players, we help improve every aspect of our clients’ businesses so that they can work better, every day.
IRESS is one of Australia’s largest technology companies and employs more than 1,900 people across Australia, United Kingdom, South Africa, Canada, New Zealand and Asia.
The role is for a Test Analyst as a member of an agile team responsible for developing trading solutions. The trading systems are specialised and complex systems which encompass the entire
trade cycle from pre-trade to post-trade. Would be responsible for leading, mentoring, supporting and facilitating the software testing process in an agile team.
What you will be doing
- Day-to-day activities related to product testing as a member of an agile team
- Quality assurance around user interfaces and other parts of software.
- Draw up test cases to test products/solutions
- Manual testing (based on test plans and test cases)
- Functional, regression, front end, back end testing
- Defect (bug) logging, defect reporting and defect maintenance
- Automated testing
- Assist in the planning, scheduling and prioritizing of software upgrades
- Provide support (technical and/or other) on products/solutions to internal support group
- Draft documentation (upgrades, release notes) for internal/external use on products/solutions deployed
- Acquire a good business understanding of the business space
- Liaise with other testing departments within IRESS to understand their methodologies and practices and align processes
- Collaborate with QA Test Lead to enable inter-team communication on testing best-practices and methodologies
What you will need
- Ability to work within a global organization that spans multiple time zones
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills, both oral and written, including the ability to communicate with non-technical customers
- Minimum 5 years test analyst experience
- Manual testing of products/solutions
- Advanced knowledge of testing tools
- SQL Skills
- Automated testing experience
- Exposure to Agile Testing methodologies (e.g. SCRUM)
- Experience in Financial Markets (Trading)
Why work with us
- Competitive remuneration
- Global opportunities
- State-of-the-art offices
- Casual dress, flexible work policy
- Access to learning and development programs
- Young, diverse workforce
- 3 days’ leave per year for charity initiatives
- Global 36-hour hackathon
- (Cape Town office) Pause & Bar area, pool table, table tennis, Friday afternoon drinks
- Close access to shopping centers
- Active Sports & Social and CSR events
- Up to 26 weeks’ paid parental leave for primary carers (up to 4 weeks for secondary carers), and the ability to work part-time when returning to work.
To apply for this job please visit iress.wd3.myworkdayjobs.com.