- Build and maintain strong internal and external relationships by attending relevant meetings and regular communication.
- Build trusting professional relationships by sharing professional knowledge; meeting deadlines and providing high quality work.
- Contribute to a culture conducive to the achievement of transformation goals by participating in Nedbank Culture building initiatives (e.g. staff surveys etc).
- Participate and support corporate social responsibility initiatives for the achievement of key business strategies.
- Identify and recommend opportunities to enhance processes; systems and policies and support implementation of new processes; policies and systems.
- Ensure all general ledger entries are accurate and correctly posted and approved by checking daily reports; performing quality control checks and querying incorrect postings.
- Perform quality control checks (daily and monthly process) by verifying data accuracy; proper authorisation and reconciling the general ledger accounts.
- Ensure compliance by following regulations; policies and procedures.
- Keep abreast of legislation and other industry changes that impacts on role by reading the relevant newsletters; websites and attending sessions.
- Understand and embrace the Nedbank vision and demonstrate the values through interaction with team and stakeholders.
- Improve personal capability and stay abreast of developments in field of expertise by identifying training courses and career progression for self through input and feedback from managers
- Ensure personal growth and enable effectiveness in performance of roles and responsibilities by ensuring all learning activities are completed; experience practiced and certifications obtained and/or maintained within specified time frames.
- Ensure information is provided correctly to stakeholders by maintaining knowledge sharing knowledge with team.
- Prepare budgets and forecasts within turnaround times by gathering business requirements; understanding business trends; projecting forwards and making recommendations where appropriate.
- Prepare all monthly reports by collating data; creating reports; analysing and commenting on the results.
- Meet deadlines by working within the monthly strategic calendar.
Essential Qualifications – NQF Level
- Bachelor of Commerce: Accounting
Minimum Experience Level
- 3-5 years experience in Accounting and Financial Management, with 1-2 years experience in financial services
Technical / Professional Knowledge
- Administrative procedures and systems
- Banking procedures
- Business terms and definitions
- Cluster specific operations
- Data analysis
- Governance, Risk and Controls
- Relevant regulatory knowledge
- Relevant software and systems knowledge
- Business writing skills
- Applied Learning
- Initiating Action
- Work Standards
- Managing Work
Employee Equity Statement
Preference to be given to underrepresented groups
Please contact the Nedbank Recruiting Team at +27 860 555 566
To apply for this job please visit jobs.nedbank.co.za.